Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A sphincter says what?


I hope some (1 out of 2) of you remember this Wayne's World reference. We have witnessed a miracle. Julie has been pain free for over 36 hours now, and she has only had two square meals! It seems so unreal. We are all so used to her running from a room to the kitchen to get a big drink and pinching her side, and now she just sits around without any pain. We are all so excited and thankful. Anyway, this whole miracle was made possible by cutting the muscle that controls the Sphincter of Oddi, which the doctors believe was spasming when she was in pain. Thus, the "spincter says what," reference.

5 comments:

ellen said...

They don't call MGH "Man's Greatest Hospital" for nuthin.

The Soulier Family said...

Way to go Julie!!! Hang in.

Tamara said...

After hearing you explain how much pain you were in while we were visiting you last month, I felt so bad. Now, I couldn't be happier for you. I am so glad that they were able to fix everything.

Sweeney Household said...

I can't believe I was Julie's VT & she never complained about pain. You are amazing! I'm THRILLED to hear about the success & I loved Tadd's post to explain the procedure. Humor always goes a long way! :)

SLP said...

Yeah - I am glad to hear the surgery went well and that you are feeling better.

Hugs,
S