Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sweeterade


I had a great weekend. Jake and Reagan came up from NY and we all sat around, mostly just playing video games. Sometimes it is fun to just sit around with friends. We also ate a lot of candy, and I mean a lot. We each had a bag of candy at one point. The kids were loving it! We did eat a pretty good salad on Saturday, but we still kept eating a lot of candy. One of our favorite candies is called Sweeteraid. Each of us gets a gatorade and a handful of sweet tarts. You start eating the sweet tarts and then swig on the gatorade. If you don't believe me try it yourself, but I am warning you that you will probably like it. Oh and I got the high score on Super Monkey ball, 1160 on monkey Target. That is a game where you are a monkey in a ball, you roll off the ramp and then fly in the air with the ball opened up like two hemispherical wings, when you get over the target of your choice you roll back up in the ball and fall sort of like a spinning billiard ball! I love the game because not only is it really fun, but it is almost legitimate research. Let me explain, I shoot spinning billiard balls into water, so knowing how balls fall into water, even if there is a monkey in them, seems important to me. We didn't just play video games and eat candy after all, I just remembered that we also spent sometime at the science fair at the elementary school. We discovered that with 2 AA batteries a christmas tree light (incandescent) will last for hours, but if you put 8 AA batteries the light burns brighter but will burn out in just a half of a second!

No comments: